none
update .ini file issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a application that run on windows , it requires to update .ini file , the application have the below tag , if I want to add a new line , how to add it , dose it need any special sign ?

the origianl .ini is as below , it I want to add another line "dir=c:/odb" to it , how to add it ? just append at the buttom ?

[temp]

dir=c:/ori

Monday, September 24, 2018 8:40 AM

All replies

• You need to speak with the application developer.  They may have a specific sequence/ordering of their .ini file.  It may not take duplicate entries.

tim

Monday, September 24, 2018 12:54 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting your query.

You can try to contact with the application developer, they will give you the more professional solution of the .ini file.

Best regards,

Yilia Zhao

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 24, 2018 8:54 PM
  • thank replies ,

this is not windows issue ? windows do not have a standard way to seperate the entries ?

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:01 AM
  • thank replies ,

this is not windows issue ? windows do not have a standard way to seperate the entries ?

No, this is in the developer code that it do read each line. So each application can react differently on line entry. 

The standard windows api do give some standard for the file, but the application can ignore that.

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:28 AM