none
RDP Connection Broker Issue RRS feed

• Question

• This seams like a bit of a strange one, because we do not have the Connection broker installed.

We have 2 offices, one which the users remote into the terminal server. All users are able to logon with no problems. We do get a connection broker failed to redirect, but this happens for every users as we removed this option.

The issues is that one of the workstations just wont connect anymore. Everything was working fine until yesterday. We haven't changed anything & all other workstations are fine. No updates have been recently installed & i am just about to do a windows update, but i am doubtful this will resolve my issue.

Event logs have the following for a successful connection to the TS

Information - Listener RDP-Tcp received a connection

information - Remote Desktop Services: User authentication succeeded

Verbose - Remote Desktop Connection Broker Client received request for redirection

Error - Remote Desktop Connection Broker Client failed while getting redirection packet from Connection Broker (Error: Remote Desktop Connection Broker is not ready for RPC communication)

Error - Remote Desktop Connection Broker Client failed to redirect the user 

Information - Remote Desktop Services: Session re-connection succeeded

I only get the following when trying to connect from one of the Machines with an Issue

Information - Listener RDP-Tcp received a connection

Information - Remote Desktop Services: User authentication succeeded

• Edited by Clae Diender Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As per your comment, I can understand that your user can not able to remote session to server. One of the reason you are facing this issue, might occurs because “you may be limited in the number of users who can connect simultaneously to a Remote Desktop session or Remote Desktop Services session”. It happens that the number of connection increase for remote session. By default only 2 remote session allowed for administrator purpose if you want more than 2 than you need to install license server and purchase RDS CAL. 

Apart also possible that you occur port assignment conflict or certificate got corrupted. 

Please refer below article for details.
    How to resolve the issue “Remote Desktop Disconnected” or “Unable to Connect to Remote Desktop (Terminal Server)”

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
    Dharmesh

Good suggestion, but we do have license server installed & have 5 RDS cals. 3 in use.

The issue has actually been resolved now, turns out it was some line problems with our ADSL connection. So the first time i called them & got them to look into it they obviously didn't do to much. Anyways, they applied what they call a "stability profile" to the connection issue now resolved. 

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:52 AM

All replies

• I thought i would give a bit more information. The error we are getting is

"This computer can't connect to the remote computer" Try connecting again, blah blah...

The credential's prompt comes up & it authenticates ok. It's after this that it fails while "estimating connection quality"

This issue is now occurring on another machine at the remote office. I have looked through all the logs for terminal services or remote desktop and aren't able to find anything significant. 

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

As per your comment, I can understand that your user can not able to remote session to server. One of the reason you are facing this issue, might occurs because “you may be limited in the number of users who can connect simultaneously to a Remote Desktop session or Remote Desktop Services session”. It happens that the number of connection increase for remote session. By default only 2 remote session allowed for administrator purpose if you want more than 2 than you need to install license server and purchase RDS CAL. 

Apart also possible that you occur port assignment conflict or certificate got corrupted. 

How to resolve the issue “Remote Desktop Disconnected” or “Unable to Connect to Remote Desktop (Terminal Server)”

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
    Dharmesh

Good suggestion, but we do have license server installed & have 5 RDS cals. 3 in use.

The issue has actually been resolved now, turns out it was some line problems with our ADSL connection. So the first time i called them & got them to look into it they obviously didn't do to much. Anyways, they applied what they call a "stability profile" to the connection issue now resolved. 

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:52 AM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you resoled your issue.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. 

If you want any more solution in future, kindly place your post in Forum.

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Friday, January 17, 2014 6:00 AM