none
Event ID 32086 followed immediatly by Event ID 32022 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to perform a reverse replication after an unplanned failover in a lab environment. I receive the following two errors:

Event ID 32086

Hyper-V suspended replication for virtual machine 'hsral-test-svr1' due to a non-recoverable failure. (Virtual Machine ID 7A21E1DB-2365-4424-B5F0-8B0BFACDFF83). Resume replication after correcting the failure.

Event ID 32022

Hyper-V could not replicate changes for virtual machine 'hsral-test-svr1': One or more arguments are invalid (0x80070057). (Virtual Machine ID 7A21E1DB-2365-4424-B5F0-8B0BFACDFF83)

The replication fails at 88% everytime. I can resume replication and it completes. But I am not sure how to start troubleshooting why the failure occurs.

Thanks for the help

davidh

• Edited by DAH69 Friday, February 22, 2013 11:28 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Event ID 32086 and Event ID 32022 was used as Fax Server error event in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. In my search, I don’t find this event related to Hyper-V replica, so we can’t troubleshoot this issue according to Event ID.

For error message and code “One or more arguments are invalid (0x80070057”, there is a Microsoft KB.

You cannot import a virtual machine by using Hyper-v Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) on a Hyper-V server
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968968

This KB applies to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, it mentions a Visual Basic script, which can fix such issue. You may try this script in your Windows Server 2012.

Option Explicit   

Dim WMIService   
    Dim VMList   
    Dim VM   
    Dim VMSystemGlobalSettingData   
    Dim VMManagementService   
    Dim Result   

'Get instance of 'virtualization' WMI service on the local computer   
    Set WMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\virtualization")   

'Get a VMManagementService object   
    Set VMManagementService = WMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Msvm_VirtualSystemManagementService").ItemIndex(0)   

'Get all the MSVM_ComputerSystem object   
    Set VMList = WMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Msvm_ComputerSystem")   

For Each VM In VMList   
       if VM.Caption = "Virtual Machine" then   
           Set VMSystemGlobalSettingData = (VM.Associators_("MSVM_ElementSettingData", "Msvm_VirtualSystemGlobalSettingData")).ItemIndex(0)    
           VMSystemGlobalSettingData.ScopeOfResidence = ""  
           Result = VMManagementService.ModifyVirtualSystem(VM.Path_.Path, VMSystemGlobalSettingData.GetText_(1))   
        end if   
    Next  

Try that and give us feedback for further troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Event ID 32086 and Event ID 32022 was used as Fax Server error event in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. In my search, I don’t find this event related to Hyper-V replica, so we can’t troubleshoot this issue according to Event ID.

For error message and code “One or more arguments are invalid (0x80070057”, there is a Microsoft KB.

You cannot import a virtual machine by using Hyper-v Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) on a Hyper-V server
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968968

This KB applies to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, it mentions a Visual Basic script, which can fix such issue. You may try this script in your Windows Server 2012.

Option Explicit   

Dim WMIService   
    Dim VMList   
    Dim VM   
    Dim VMSystemGlobalSettingData   
    Dim VMManagementService   
    Dim Result   

'Get instance of 'virtualization' WMI service on the local computer   
    Set WMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\virtualization")   

'Get a VMManagementService object   
    Set VMManagementService = WMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Msvm_VirtualSystemManagementService").ItemIndex(0)   

'Get all the MSVM_ComputerSystem object   
    Set VMList = WMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Msvm_ComputerSystem")   

For Each VM In VMList   
       if VM.Caption = "Virtual Machine" then   
           Set VMSystemGlobalSettingData = (VM.Associators_("MSVM_ElementSettingData", "Msvm_VirtualSystemGlobalSettingData")).ItemIndex(0)    
           VMSystemGlobalSettingData.ScopeOfResidence = ""  
           Result = VMManagementService.ModifyVirtualSystem(VM.Path_.Path, VMSystemGlobalSettingData.GetText_(1))   
        end if   
    Next  

Try that and give us feedback for further troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Lawrence

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:48 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as 'Answered' as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we'd love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Lawrence

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:19 AM
  • My apologies Lawerence. Yes your reply fixed the issue. I have been busy and forgot to get back over here and mark it as the answer. Thank you very much.

davidh

Monday, March 4, 2013 2:05 PM
  • I know this is an old thread, but it is the only reference I can find to my problem.

I have the exact same symptoms Replicating Hyper-V Servers, however my Host is running 2012 R2.

When I run the script, I receive the error:

(14, 1) SWbemObjectSet: Invalid class

I believe this is the line in question:

Is there a change needed for 2012 R2?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:14 PM
  • Just curious do you have RiverBed Steelhead acceleration appliances in your environment? We have had problems with the Steelheads and 2013R2, the problem is related to SMB 3 that R2 is using and has caused a headache for us.

davidh

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, but no we are not using Riverbed Steelhead acceleration.

Our two servers are on a gigabit LAN (at least until we have confirmed the replication is working).

Thanks

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:37 AM
  • We have the same issue with Windows 2012 R2 HyperV and a Gigabit Management Network

Jeremy

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:50 PM
  • Thanks for info

Regards,

Enis

Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:40 PM
  • Hi david,

I had the same replication configuration (2012 r2 in clustering environment) with a riverbed steelhead appliance between the replication server.

some replications get pause unexpectedly with eventid 33680,32086 and 32022.

my solution:

It was the firewall "intrusion prevention system" which had blocked sometime the https packets

regards

• Edited by SadligL Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:29 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:52 PM