none
access server resources with two network interface

Question

• I have a server 2012 and SQL is also installed.  An ERP software is installed too. One interface is connected to LAN (192.168.1.0).The second interface of  configured with network 192.168.2.0/24, connected to a firewall on which access/dialup is also configured for remote users to access server. what I wanted to know that can users on network either 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.2.0 access server resources like software as I have mentioned.  Right now users on either network can access shared folders.. will I have to make some configurations or roles to be added or it will work?

• Edited by adnan.sabir Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:41 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>what I wanted to know that can users on network either 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.2.0 access server resources like software as I have mentioned.  Right now users on either network can access shared folders.. will I have to make some configurations or roles to be added or it will work?

When VPN client connect successfully and access the internal network,it is as same as internal client.According your description,all user on different subnet could access the 'SERVER',just check what protocol and port do your softwares need,and make sure there is no filter or blocker for them on the router/switch/server and client's firewall.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 07, 2017 7:59 AM