Cannot set logon workstations attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Im trying to set the logon Workstations attrubute for the Administration account but "The Logon Workstations attribute cannot be changed on this object" message appears. How can i solve it? Is another way to restrict the logon for the Administrator user? Greetings!
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't think that is possible but you can restrict who uses the Administrator account and then place the workstation restrictions on user accounts. The Administrator account is a special account that shouldn't be used for regular tasks.

Thanks,

Guy

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That's a restriction for the built-in Administrator account. What are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Guy

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:33 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I'm trying that Administrator user can only log into the domain from specific IP's or specific workstations. How could i do that?

dennis
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think that is possible but you can restrict who uses the Administrator account and then place the workstation restrictions on user accounts. The Administrator account is a special account that shouldn't be used for regular tasks.

Thanks,

Guy

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:33 PM