none
Hyper-v backups fail RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Server 2012 Hyper-V host with 4 virtual machines running on it. It is connected to a MD3000i iscsi enclosure. I have 2 of the VM's running on the local HD and 2 running on the MD3000i. The  Windows Server Backup will back up the VM's on the local drive but when I try to back up the systems running on the MD3000i it fails. It fails immediately with the following

Backup failed to complete. No valid component or volume to snapshot.

Two events in the App logs

Event ID 16387

Writer Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer experienced some error during snapshot creation.  More info:  .

Event ID 521

The backup operation that started at '‎2013‎-‎04‎-‎06T03:28:12.676000000Z' has failed because the Volume Shadow Copy Service operation to create a shadow copy of the volumes being backed up failed with following error code '0x8100010C'. Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 3:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems you are using the GUI to perform the backup to network folder. Have a try with command line instead.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:38 AM