none
ADFS 4.0 MFA errors RRS feed

• Question

• hi there, 

I am playing about with adfs on server 2016, and am trying to load a new MFA. the mfa installs  fine, however,I am getting an error when try and use it.

the login error is pretty general, 'AN error occurred. Contact you system administartor'

the event log error is a little more specific 

Encountered error during federationpassive request. 

Additional Data 

Protocol Name: 
    msisHttpProtocol 

Relying Party: 
    urn:AppProxy:com 

Exception details: 
    Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.WebConfigurationException: No style sheet is configured in the active theme for default locale [en-GB/2057].
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.UI.ThemeAuthoringEngine.PrepareTheme()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.UI.PageBase.get_ThemeAuthoringEngine()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.External.AdapterPresentationManager.get_ResponseCulture()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.External.ExternalAuthenticationHandler.Process(ProtocolContext context)
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationOptionsHandler.Process(ProtocolContext context)
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.OnGetContext(WrappedHttpListenerContext context)

the MFA is pretty basic at this point its the sample code listed here

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn783423.aspx

now i am asuming that is due to some changes that server2016 adfs has made, but was just wondering if there was any documentation avalible on what needs to be tweaked to make it work 

thanks in advance Andy

• Edited by uk_andy Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:12 PM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,
    Appreciate you posting the questions in the Directory Services forum. However, since the issue relates to ADFS, I would  suggest you post the question in ADFS forum. 
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ADFS
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:28 AM