Content file download failed. Reason: CRC verification failure. Source File: Event ID 364 RRS feed

• Question

• We have just upgraded from WSUS 2.0 to WSUS 3.0 SP1.  We are having the same issue

/msdownload/update/software/defu/2009/08/mpas-fe_bd_516d564d7baec4636e20efe6562037cd16e13315.exe Destination File: d:\WSUS\WsusContent\15\516D564D7BAEC4636E20EFE6562037CD16E13315.exe.

Could you please clarify this statement - I am new to version 3.0. The short list of updates pending download can be obtained by filtering on Approval=Install, enabling the File Status attribute column, sorting on the File Status attribute column to get those updates still pending download, and then right-click and view "File Information" on each file for the update that includes the named file.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:09 PM

Answers

• Posting the complete error message, in context with the surrounding log entries for the entire event, would be most helpful in properly interpreting your situation.

> Could you please clarify this statement - I am new to version 3.0.

>> The short list of updates pending download can be obtained by filtering on Approval=Install,
    >> enabling the File Status attribute column, sorting on the File Status attribute column to get
    >> those updates still pending download, and then right-click and view "File Information" on each
    >> file for the update that includes the named file.

Okay, granted you're new to version 3.0, but I must assume some functional familiarity with the Admin UI at this point. If you're not familiar with the MMC interface, then I would encourage you to invest some time, first, in learning the interface.

1. Go to the All Updates node.
    2. In the filter bar across the top, select the dropdown for Approval and set it to "Approved".
    3. Click on Refresh Now.
    4. Right click on the column header bar and enable the "File Status" column.
    5. Click on the "File Status" column header to sort the list by "File Status". There are three types of icons in this list: Files Not Downloaded, Ready for Installation, and some status that reflects Pending Download. (I don't recall the exact tooltip text.)
    6. Look at the group that includes those updates that are "Pending Download".
    7. For each update in the list, select the update, right click, select "File Information" from the context menu.
    8. Review the list of files in the dialog until you find the one named 516D564D7BAEC4636E20EFE6562037CD16E13315.exe -- that's the update you want to unapprove.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:53 PM

All replies

• Posting the complete error message, in context with the surrounding log entries for the entire event, would be most helpful in properly interpreting your situation.

> Could you please clarify this statement - I am new to version 3.0.

>> The short list of updates pending download can be obtained by filtering on Approval=Install,
    >> enabling the File Status attribute column, sorting on the File Status attribute column to get
    >> those updates still pending download, and then right-click and view "File Information" on each
    >> file for the update that includes the named file.

Okay, granted you're new to version 3.0, but I must assume some functional familiarity with the Admin UI at this point. If you're not familiar with the MMC interface, then I would encourage you to invest some time, first, in learning the interface.

1. Go to the All Updates node.
    2. In the filter bar across the top, select the dropdown for Approval and set it to "Approved".
    3. Click on Refresh Now.
    4. Right click on the column header bar and enable the "File Status" column.
    5. Click on the "File Status" column header to sort the list by "File Status". There are three types of icons in this list: Files Not Downloaded, Ready for Installation, and some status that reflects Pending Download. (I don't recall the exact tooltip text.)
    6. Look at the group that includes those updates that are "Pending Download".
    7. For each update in the list, select the update, right click, select "File Information" from the context menu.
    8. Review the list of files in the dialog until you find the one named 516D564D7BAEC4636E20EFE6562037CD16E13315.exe -- that's the update you want to unapprove.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:53 PM
  • That did it - The problem is fixed - Thank you very much for help.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:08 PM
  • Is it possible that my WSUS server does not have enough memory? Every time I try to execute a large task like this, I get the dreaded "Reset Server Node."

I'm running WSUS on a w2k12r2 server with 8G of ram.

Friday, February 9, 2018 6:29 PM
  • Am 09.02.2018 schrieb ElCid1989:

Is it possible that my WSUS server does not have enough memory? Every time I try to execute a large task like this, I get the dreaded "Reset Server Node."

I'm running WSUS on a w2k12r2 server with 8G of ram.

This sould be help you:
    https://www.404techsupport.com/2016/03/21/iis-wsus-private-memory/
    Restart IIS after you change the Memory Size.

Winfried

WSUS Package Publisher: http://wsuspackagepublisher.codeplex.com/
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb332157.aspx
    http://www.wsuswiki.com/Home

Sunday, February 11, 2018 9:17 AM