none
Need DNS Records RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created custom email accounts through my premium Office365 account using my domain. I signed up with GoDaddy to host my website and domain, but it seems like the name servers are pointing to register.com. The tech assisting me from GoDaddy is telling me that if he updates and changes the Name Server, my custom emails my no longer work. He asked me to go to Microsoft and find out what the DNS records need to be in order for them to change the Name Server.

I just need to add that I created my custom emails using my personal domain through my Hotmail account.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank, 

• Edited by danalherfi Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:15 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks  for posting your question in the forum.

In general, public office 365 mail server is smtp.office365.com, please contact your domain name provider to modify DNS MX record to point to it.

I hope the information can help you.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 2, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? Just want to confirm the current situations. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 5, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regards,

Hollis

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose previous reply as answer. If you need further help, you can reply at any time, and you can also choose unmark the answer based on your actual situation.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Hollis

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:22 AM