none
Vista public Beta2 - expire date?

Answers

• The expiry date for Windows Vista Beta 2 and Windows Server "Longhorn" Beta 2 is May 31st 2007.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:43 PM

All replies

• The expiry date for Windows Vista Beta 2 and Windows Server "Longhorn" Beta 2 is May 31st 2007.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:43 PM
  • My Public Beta 2 expires in 14 days after installed. I had ordered the CDs delivered to me.
    Friday, June 30, 2006 4:19 PM
  • Were you prompted to activate it?
    Monday, July 3, 2006 5:46 AM
  • You may also type in the run window WinVer and it will display the expiration date, and version information.
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 4:37 PM
  • What happens when the expiry date comes to pass? Does it just delete it self off of your hard drive or what
    Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:56 PM
  • ordered and paid for delivery have yet to recieve my cds for the vista downloads either.i didnt even realize there was an expiration date.i have the key .what should i do ?i hope the new operating system works a whole lot smother than your delivery methodes.
    Monday, July 17, 2006 7:35 PM
  • There is a lot of interest in Windows Vista Beta 2 but you should receive your CDs soon. You might want to post in the Windows Vista discussion forum if you are still seeing a delay.

This is unsupported, pre-release software that is intended for evaluation rather than long-term use, so the expiry date helps to ensure that customers do not continue working with it indefinitely. Customers should consider upgrading to the final version as soon as possible after it is released, as the RTM code would obviously fix a lot of bugs that might have been present in the beta version.

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:56 PM
  • Hi everyone, i'vr got thw widows vista ultimate but i haven't got time to useit properly.

The thing is The vista say "It's expire" and i have to put another cd key or buy it(no way) so i'm askibng for some feedback for that. My e mail is BrunoMotte@hotmail.con

Any suggestion will be very accept it, thanks to all

Regards

Bruno Motte

Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:20 AM
  • Thank you fore the information about Win Vista Beta2 Trial expiration date. I wasn't sure whether is May or June. What happens with Vista when date is due?

Thank you.

Stanislav

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 8:02 AM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2006 8:04 AM
  • I have also downloaded and Installed Vista RC1 and the OS says that I have to activate it within 13 days. I would like to test this for more than 2 weeks before I decide if I want to buy it . I thought that the evaluation period was until April or May 2007.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 8:44 AM
  • Hey Jim thanks for the info your right the winver will give you the expiration date... good one!

thanks

Monday, September 25, 2006 7:35 PM
  • If you dont understand how Windows products work (activation process and such), you shouldnt have downloaded the beta in the first place. They supplied you with a key so that you could activate it and "test" it out until the expiration date.
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:39 PM
  • pengthao476@gmail.com
     David Lowe - MS wrote:
    The expiry date for Windows Vista Beta 2 and Windows Server "Longhorn" Beta 2 is May 31st 2007.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 1:45 PM