none
Event ID 7011 Unable to login to Server 2008 R2 TS

General discussion

• Problem Facing :-

Event ID 7011 Unable to login to Server 2008 R2 TS

We are found following error in event viewer.

1.A timeout (120000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service

2.A timeout (120000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the CryptSvc service.

Because of that Server not accepting the new RDP Connections. Its require forcefully Restart.

Please give me solution for that asap. We are facing the issue on regular basis.

Further details contact on 9820853426 ( Narendra )

Monday, November 7, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This hotfix may solve your issue.

An application or service that uses Winsock API or Winsock Kernel API may randomly stop responding in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465772

Hope this helps.

Technology changes life……
    Monday, November 7, 2011 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

This hotfix may solve your issue.

An application or service that uses Winsock API or Winsock Kernel API may randomly stop responding in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows 7

Hope this helps.

Technology changes life……

Hi Dollar Wang,

Our servers having same issue above trying download the hotfix, but it failed to download "system currently unavailable". Appreciate you could give us another URL or send the hotfix to my e-mail "charles_soong@hotmail.com" Thank you.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:56 AM
  • this hot fix :

was not help me

Log Name:      System

Source:        Service Control Manager

Date:          30/07/2012 10:03:22

Event ID:      7011

Level:         Error

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service.

keep geting this errors on this services

, UmRdpService  , UxSms , AudioEndpointBuilder Netman , WPDBusEnum

i try to run this commands :

sc interrogate uxsms
    [SC] ControlService FAILED 1053:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

net start uxsms
    The service is not responding to the control function.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.

also did this http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1458.event-id-7011-basic-service-operations.aspx

what funny is the is a member of a farm ts and all of members are under the same OU with the same Application install on them and was installed from new,thay have not use clown or sysprep,it was  fresh clean installtion from the same ISO. all setting and configuration set from a Group policy no manualy setting was made . so the oder member dont have this error

the same in here : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/is/winserverTS/thread/1468fee6-fc04-4bd2-95c4-b03b4d72d0d9?prof=required

but im sorry it not helping

Monday, July 30, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hello all,

I'm just facing the same issue, is there any update on this?

Anyone of you were able to resolve?

any help would be appreciate it

Regars

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Same problem here. randomly and at lest once a week one or more servers are hanging. No other chance than restart the servers.

KB2465772 is not helping against this problem.

HELP, please!

Monday, November 5, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Me too. Same issue. Anyone? I'm running XenApp on top of this, but it seems to me that the arrow is pointing at Microsoft on this one.

This is a rather critical issue, which doesn't seem to be that rare and really should be adressed!

• Edited by st.kristobal Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:45 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:42 AM
  • How about something from MS that will fix this not "MAY solve your issue"
    Friday, November 16, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Same problem here -

XenApp 6.5

Server 2008 R2

Physical and Virtual servers and have the problem on all

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:43 PM
  • Hello ,

meanwhile  I have the same mistake on my server. Its a 2008 standart. I cannot login on my server.

Only welcome and then end. 

Anyone have an idea?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:55 AM
  • Same errors on several of my servers, both virtual and physical.  Fully patched 2k8r2 SP1 w/XenApp 6.5 HRP01 and post HRP01 hotfixes 03, 11, 17, 33, and 64.

It would be nice if M$ would respond to the several requests posted here by admins that are all experiencing an issue with their terminal servers, both with and without XenApp, which point to the M$ OS as a probable root cause.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:12 PM
  • I'll add this:

My customer used to have a mix of RDP and ICA sessions (for various reasons), and the problem has pretty much gone away since we phased out the remaining RDP sessions. But reappeared a little while ago when I did some testing which involved logging on and off multiple times with RDP (I use RDP for admin tasks).

So from my end it seems like this is related to the RDP protocol on some level. Problem is, once it goes to pieces, I can't even log on to the console session, so troubleshooting when it gets to that stage is pretty hard. In essence a hard reboot is the only solution; which is not something anyone appreciates.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:27 AM
  • I've got the same problem.

It was gone away for months.

But this week, i've got one server in this case. I don't knwo why, he's fully patched (XA 6.5 HRP01).

Thanks for your help

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:56 AM
  • I still get the error, even after a MS support ticket.  EFS is always the first to go.  I am going to try disabling that service to see if it may be a root cause.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Have you received any solution from Microsoft? We too are experiencing this issue with 2008 R2 running terminal services. I've exhausted all avenues except MS. Looking at a rebuild and hope that the problem doesn't reappear.

• Edited by Tim Matt57 Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:19 AM
  • Same Issue Is occrurring on a 2008R2 SP1 enterprise Server on one of my Networks.

there is about 200 users connecting to it, and it seems like it is occuring at the same time period.

Up to now I have not found a Root cause of the issue. Accept for the 2 services crashing. with 7011 ID's.

I have found a probable solution on the citrix forums (even though this server does not run Xenapp.)

Someone mentioned that the following Hotfixes needs to be installed to resolve the issue

kb2265716
    kb2383928
    kb2571388
    kb2578159
    kb2465772
    (kb2617858)
    kb2661001

I have installed these Hotfixes, Just need to reboot the server and see how it goes. if it resolves this issue.

Monday, September 29, 2014 11:32 AM
  • Hi Barend,

I'm fighting with the same problems since weeks. Did the hotfixes resolve the problem?

Friday, January 2, 2015 6:55 AM
  • Hi Torpeg,

In the meantime maybe you have installed these hotfixes? Could you share your experience?

thanks!

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:48 PM