none
Wireless VLANs getting wrong address and not communicating with some devices RRS feed

• Question

• Last week we were shut down for factory maintenance.  We brought a new primary domain controller on line and demoted the old, and moved DHCP to the new PDC.  Since then our wireless devices have been picking up the wrong address.    For example, wireless devices should pick up an xxx.xxx.133.xxx address, but report they have an xxx.xxx.130.xxx address, and then they do not connect to the network.  We did not have an idea of the full impact, but the wireless network is basically down.  There are a hand- full of devices that have the proper address.  I don’t have a clue where to begin.  Normally, I would check the network switches, and I did briefly.  However, this started when we switched domain controllers.  So, I think it might a better use of time to look at the DHCP side, which I have briefly.  Where and what do you think I should start looking at?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you change the IP address of DC(DHCP)? 

There are two scopes xxx.xxx.133.xxx and xxx.xxx.130.xxx on the DHCP server. right?

Meanwhile, I suggest you check the IP addresses of the switch interfaces. 

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Travis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Travis

Monday, August 19, 2019 5:51 AM