none
2 Networks one for daily use and one for moving large packets of data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

Im after some advice, we are a gaming company we are running SMB 2011 for our everyday operations. However we have 20 testing computers which we deploy games to, these are just testing machines then we also have 20 users in the office. the issue is our network is so slow because we are deploying large amounts of data to the test pc's and this is affecting our daily usage as the network is so slow. What i want to do is have 2 servers one for our daily use (sbs2011) and one for the testing side but effectively i need to keep all the data traffic from the game testing away from our daily operations. Is there away of creating 2 separate networks that basically operate as they actually are 2 separate networks. effectively i need to keep the data traffic from the testing side away from our daily operations. Also 10 of the users that are on the sbs server also need access to the other server/network to deploy games. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Kind Regards Mark Holland

Monday, July 6, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• From the point of view of SBS 2011: Not sure if this is a good idea. Remember that SBS 2011 supports only ONE network interface. SBS are very sensitive "creatures" and using something behind standard configuration is risky.

Consider upgrade to WS 2012 R2 that will give you more power.

M.

Monday, July 6, 2015 7:26 PM