none
How to Fetch "Member of" groups from particular user ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Good day.

Please help me by giving exact command for To Fetch "Member of" groups from particular AD user ? 

Thanks in Advance

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:07 PM

All replies

• Is your google broken?  ;-)  That would have taken you some seconds to search for  ...  ;-)

Get-ADUser -Identity 'particular AD user' -Properties MemberOf

Live long and prosper!

(79,108,97,102|%{[char]$_})-join''

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:31 AM
  • It Partially fetch "member of" details. I need full "member of" list 
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Ok. Thanks
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:54 PM
  • It Partially fetch "member of" details. I need full "member of" list 

The code returns the complete list of groups belonged to. There isn't anything more.

You can also do this:

Get-AdPrincipalGroupMembership <user id>

Start by learning the AD CmdLets: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/addsadministration/?view=win10-ps

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:13 AM