none
Microsoft Remote Desktop APP Windows 10 - Timeout issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently downloaded the Remote Desktop app from the store on windows 10 and have configured to connect to our Head Office server via the app. The app works perfectly other than the connection times out on idle of 2 minutes, I cannot see any settings within the app itself to clear off idle timeout, can anyone assist me? thanks

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please try to check and disable the "Session Time Limits" policies on your Windows 10 PC:

1. Open gpedit.msc

2. Navigate to:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Session Time Limits

3. Disable any active policies.

4. Navigate to:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Session Time Limits

5. Disable any active policies.

6. Reboot the computer.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please try to check and disable the "Session Time Limits" policies on your Windows 10 PC:

1. Open gpedit.msc

2. Navigate to:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Session Time Limits

3. Disable any active policies.

4. Navigate to:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Session Time Limits

5. Disable any active policies.

6. Reboot the computer.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:27 AM
  • I came upon this post trying to diagnose an issue. I have been RDP from home PC (Win7Pro) to the office PC (Win7Pro) for many years for hours per day without problem. Since i recently did a new install (1/15/19) of Win 10 Pro on my home PC, RDP connects just fine, however it times out within 5 to 15 minutes. I have checked my settings that you recommend in this post and find Time Session Limits are all disabled. I have tried other suggestion settings on the Win7Pro PC and still consistently times out and takes 20 to 30 seconds to reconnect. Not sure why this is happening now, but quite disrupting.

If you or anyone is still following this thread, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Floyd

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:48 PM