none
TS Web RemoteApp Icon disappears

Question

• Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has seen this issue before.  We have 3 terminal servers installed, they are not in a farm.  Each server can be hit with the http://xx.xxx.xxx.xx/TS address to launch TS Web Access.  We are only serving one application in the application pool. 

Our problem is that occasionally the Icon will disappear from the TS Web Access page.  Users can still log into TS Web, and correctly display the page, but no icon will appear.  The server requires a restart in order to restor the icon and allow remote users to launch the application.

Thanks in advance for anyone's contributions.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi bluesky,

What's your client RDP version? Does this issue occur on all of your clients?

Instead of Server IP address, please use the TS server's fully qualified domain name of the Web server on which you installed RD Web Access. How does it work?

Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Monday, July 26, 2010 9:28 AM
    Friday, July 09, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Bluesky,

PLease clarify, you have 3 TS servers serving up the same app but they are not in a farm?

What server is the TS web access pointing to in order to get the app?

Which server needs rebooting?  THe TS web access server?

Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

Co-Author of the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit (and a SUPER BIG fan of the Microsoft RDV Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Monday, July 26, 2010 9:28 AM
    Friday, July 09, 2010 10:23 PM
  • We have  a similar issue, 

Sometimes when a user logs in to the RDWeb page the  icons disappear. (although they are logged in successfully but the remote/published Apps window is empty)

When this happens an eventid 5 gets logged (source:RADWebAccess) on the server. 
     The workaround we use is to query the remoteApps via powershell  when this event gets logged.  
    (After the powershell script is ran if you refresh the browser window the icons magically appear again no need to login or restart the server.  

So we told user users to hit refresh on the brower if they see no apps.  (as the powershell script will have ran by the time the hit refresh :)
    We have a call open with MS but so far we haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause. 
    if anybody has a similar issue - happy to provide the powershell script.

Friday, April 01, 2011 11:27 AM
  • I am having the same issue as well.  Can you send me the powershell script that you use to refresh?   This needs to be fixed, as we are going to be using this for our clients, and an invisible app is no good.

Friday, May 06, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Same issue here. Handbrake chick could I please have a copy of the powershell script you use ?

Many thanks

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:55 PM
  • We are having a similiar issue.  Could you send the powershell script you have to me as well?  Or can someone post it. 
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

We also have problem with this. Havn't found a solution for so I would be happy to get the script since we are not able always to restart the server.

Or if there is a proper solution to it!

// Tobias

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:21 AM
  • OTher reasons why RDWA would show up empty:

http://blog.kristinlgriffin.com/2010/03/rd-web-access-is-emply.html

I do know that there is a known BUG that causes this - WMI permissions get hosed. Rebooting the RD COnnection Broker server usually fixes this.

Check out these steps to rectify WMI permissions:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/173d4546-e12f-47c1-ac66-8b4f69826892/

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/444812c5-f826-4c20-83cf-af7ad455d511/

Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

SUPER BIG fan of the Remote Desktop Virtualization Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com

The new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit is now available!
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:17 PM
  • What is the powershell script?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:48 PM