none
File removed but appear after a refresh. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I removed a file in Windows Server 2008 R2 but after a refresh file appeared in my file server. I used "administrator" account but file can't removed. I know a tool with the name "Unlocker" exist but it is something like a malware and...

How can I find the root of problem?

Thank you.

Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:17 AM

All replies

• Try capturing the deletion events using ProcessExplorer. 

It might tell you know where the file is being locked. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 4, 2017 12:30 AM
  • Try capturing the deletion events using ProcessExplorer. 

It might tell you know where the file is being locked. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I did but not see any process:

Any idea?

Monday, September 4, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

Please check the ownership of the file. Please use administrator take the ownership of the file/folder. Could you please test to do a clean boot and try to delete again.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

Please check the ownership of the file. Please use administrator take the ownership of the file/folder. Could you please test to do a clean boot and try to delete again.

Best Regards,

Mary

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

The ownership of file and folder is "administrator". I don't like to reboot my server, Halt is not acceptable.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Geek,

You current owner is not “administrator” account? And you add the administrator group not the administrator account, right?

Could you please temporarily disabale UAC and use administrator account to do the operation, same results?

And what about changing the current owner to administrator account and do the operation?

Best Regards,

Mary

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:34 AM
  • Hi Geek,

You current owner is not “administrator” account? And you add the administrator group not the administrator account, right?

Could you please temporarily disabale UAC and use administrator account to do the operation, same results?

And what about changing the current owner to administrator account and do the operation?

Best Regards,

Mary

I used local administrator account too and got same result:

Any idea?

Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Check if the file is configured for Offline Availability for a Shared Folder
    Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, you could also check the thread discussed before.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c1942f9a-18b2-487f-bae7-5f9ac11cbfea/access-denied-even-though-i-am-an-administrator?forum=w7itprosecurity

Best Regards,

Mary

Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, you could also check the thread discussed before.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c1942f9a-18b2-487f-bae7-5f9ac11cbfea/access-denied-even-though-i-am-an-administrator?forum=w7itprosecurity

Best Regards,

Mary

I see "CCLEANER"!!!
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:07 AM
  • Check if the file is configured for Offline Availability for a Shared Folder
    How?
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:07 AM
  •  Hi Windows.Geek,

You could follow Milos' suggestion in the thread disuccsed before , try to take  the ownership of the folder and then use the steps to grant permission to do a check.

Best Regards,

Mary

Monday, September 18, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Best Regards,

Mary

Monday, September 25, 2017 8:16 AM