none
BSOD on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day

I keep getting a BSOD on my Windows Server 2008 R2 machine every other day.

Kindly assist.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:13 AM

All replies

• Well over 90% of BSODs are caused by errors in device drivers.  Ensure that you have the latest versions of all device drivers recommended by the device vendor.  Also ensure you have the latest BIOS and firmware recommended by the vendors.

Of course, this all assumes that the system on which you are running has been validated by the vendor to run Windows Server 2008 R2 - www.windowsservercatalog.com.

tim

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:30 PM
  • You can use Windbg to read the dump files so that you can get further details about the issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/315263/how-to-read-the-small-memory-dump-file-that-is-created-by-windows-if-a

In general, you can try the following:

1. Make sure that your server is running with the latest Windows updates
    2. Make sure that your BIOS, firmware and drivers and up-to-date
    3. Try to perform a clean boot if above does not help

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

If problem happens regularly, please confirm that if there is any task/schedule/background process running at the same time of problem happens.

Besides, please try below suggestion:
    1. Open CMD, run “sfc /scannow” to check/repair system files. 
    2. Open CMD, run “chkdsk /r /f” to check/repair disks.
    3. Check/install available update/hotfix via Windows Update, it is helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.
    4. Undo the change such as new software installation, hardware replacement, driver update if there is any before problem happened.

If problem persists, please provide more information:
    1. Detail error code of BSOD.
    2. Mini dump file – detail log analyzing is beyond the support scope on this forum, however, I will try to find useful information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:17 AM