none
Screen Burn-In on iPad Air using Remote Desktop App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I use the Remote Desktop app quite a lot on my iPad,  but lately I've noticed something quite disturbing.
    The bright white computer name and keyboard on the top of the screen, seems to burn-in on the screen on the iPad.

I have made a small video showing the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxWQGg_i-4&hd=1

In the video I'm using the remote desktop app, where you can clearly see the computer name and the keyboard on the top of the screen.
    I then close the app and after that opening the photo app showing a dark photo.
    The computer name and the keyboard is still clearly visible on the screen.
    It's probably not the best video footage but trust me, it's more visible when seen with your own eyes.

So my suggestion would be to turn down the brightness on the computer name and the keyboard Logo maybe using a grayish color instead.
    I really don't want to damage my screen on my iPad Air, but I really use the remote desktop app many times a day,
    so I really hope you will be able to find a solution for us .

Thanks in advance.

Bjørn, Denmark

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to uninstall the App, reboot your iPad and reinstall the App to see how it works.

If issue persists, I suspect that it is iPad side issue, please contact Apple support for help.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:30 AM