none
Access Denied when trying to Remote Control a session on Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 2008 R2 RD servers in a domain environment. I logged in under admin to remote control a session to assist a user with an issue and I get access denied. On the AD i have the user's remote control tab to Enable control and to be able to interact with session without user's permission. I also went into the RDS's Session Host Configuration > RDP-TCP >Properties >Remote Control Tab and even changed it to Use Remote control with the following setting and still get access denied. Any ideas on how to fix issue?
    • Edited by pdiaz777 Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is the session you are trying to Remote Control a multi-monitor or RemoteApp session?  If yes this is not supported.

-TP

Sunday, June 14, 2015 2:02 PM
  • 

There is a known issue with S2008SP2, but you say you have S2008R2, correct?
    If its SP2 please check:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2779073?wa=wsignin1.0

Also, if R2 do the following:
    Please check the GPO setting is used for configuring Remote Control:
    Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections

And please verify that you have checked whether this user has enough remote control permission on the RDS server:
    RD session host configuration -> connection -> RDp-Tcp -> Security Tab

Hope it helps,
    thanks

Sunday, June 14, 2015 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the session you are trying to Remote Control a multi-monitor or RemoteApp session?  If yes this is not supported.

-TP

Sunday, June 14, 2015 2:02 PM
  • 

There is a known issue with S2008SP2, but you say you have S2008R2, correct?
    If its SP2 please check:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2779073?wa=wsignin1.0

Also, if R2 do the following:
    Please check the GPO setting is used for configuring Remote Control:
    Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections

And please verify that you have checked whether this user has enough remote control permission on the RDS server:
    RD session host configuration -> connection -> RDp-Tcp -> Security Tab

Hope it helps,
    thanks

Sunday, June 14, 2015 2:19 PM