none
Active Directory module for windows powershell is missing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 2008 r2 server core domain controller which is also a global catalog server running on hyper-v. It is also running certificate services, DNS and DHCP. It is not the only DC in the domain and the FSMO roles are hosted on a seperate physical box which is also a global catalog server.

When I ran DCPromo to promote it seemed to lock up I had to power it off and then back on again. I then had to demote it and then promote it again. All seemed fine second time around. I have just run the best practice analyser to make sure all is well and it would appear the Active Directory module for windows powershell is missing.

Powershell is installed.

Is the only way to "repair" AD DS and get the missing files to run another demotion/promotion or is there some manual way of adding in the the missing files?

Thanks in advance
    Monday, May 17, 2010 3:21 PM

Answers

• I got there by running DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename=ActiveDirectory-Powershell.

Thanks for the advice, it pointed me in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:28 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 3:44 PM

All replies

• Have you tried adding and removing RSAT - or simply running
    Add-WindowsFeature -Name "RSAT-AD-PowerShell" -IncludeAllSubFeature

hth
    Marcin

Monday, May 17, 2010 3:25 PM
  • I got there by running DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename=ActiveDirectory-Powershell.

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:28 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 3:44 PM

You need to capitalize the "S" in ActiveDirectory-Powershell to make it work.

Corrected command: DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename=ActiveDirectory-PowerShell

• Proposed as answer by Hany Mustapha Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:42 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:18 PM