none
Windows Server 2012 essentials Remote media streaming RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing a problem with remote video streaming in windows 2012 essentials.  In the dashboard I have selected a folder named videos to be a streaming folder. The actual videos are broken up into many sub folders such as t.v shows then another sub folder with the name of the t.v show and then yet another sub folder for all the seasons of the show.  When I log on to remote web access the videos folder show zero files.  I have already tried moving a video file directly to the video folder, bypassing all sub folders.  Even with the video file directly in the video folder it still shows up as zero files when I go to the remote web access media streaming. Please help. Thanks!
    Monday, April 28, 2014 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Bboygeek

Based on your description, did you mean that those videos were really existed in the streaming folder, however, the video folder was empty in RWA when you logon? If you log on with administrator account, will encounter the same issue?

In addition, please refer to the following article and check if you set up and use media streaming feature correctly.

Manage Digital Media in Windows Server 2012 Essentials

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Bboygeek

Based on your description, did you mean that those videos were really existed in the streaming folder, however, the video folder was empty in RWA when you logon? If you log on with administrator account, will encounter the same issue?

In addition, please refer to the following article and check if you set up and use media streaming feature correctly.

Manage Digital Media in Windows Server 2012 Essentials

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:09 AM
  • All of the video files do actually exist somewhere in the videos folder.  When I log on to RWA (the media library column on the right) all of the sub folders show up but all of the actual mp4 files are not there.  I can download the mp4 files from RWA (Shared folders) but I can not stream them.  I have been using the admin account and I still have the same issue.

Thanks so much!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:04 PM
  • Does it not support mp4?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:12 PM
  • All I want is to have sound on my videos ...I don't no what you need from me ..you keep asking me things I don't no about ..and I keep adding more stuff on here that I don't even need...it cant be this hard for yall to get your stuff set up and give me the right set up for my laptop for my home .I don't use it for work its just to look up stuff on youtube and one day get to here the videos and talk to my kids in florida.
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:53 AM