none
ADFS service fails to start with error code 1064 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!
    I am having some issues restarting ADFS services after installing a new SSL certificate.

My steps were as follows: Install Certificate on test env using Set-AdfsSslCertificate -Thumbprint $string > restart service > error

Is there any way to repair this, or at least restore the service to its original state? (No I do not have any backups of the test env sadly, plus I am looking to fix rather than remain in the dark)

Please help me fix this or at least see how I can diagnose the issue.

I am running Windows Server 2012 R2

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:42 AM

All replies

• First of, make sure you have imported the certificate in the computer local store with its associated private key.

Then, make sure you have updated the certificate in the two locations using the following cmdlets:

Set-AdfsSslCertificate

#and

Set-AdfsCertificate

Finally, make sure the ADFS service account have READ permission of the private key of the said certificate.

Let us know hos your checks go.

Note that if you are using Azure AD Connect, there is now a wizard to update the ADFS certificates built-in. You might consider it too.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:00 PM
    Owner