none
BSoD 0x0000003b occurs when I click into a remote control (Windows server 2008 Enterprise R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The problem is like as described in the title. I tried applying the hotfix KB 2359223 but when I push it then I receive theupdate is not addressed into this system.

We currently are not able to use the remote control function that is essential for us. It is difficult to me what crucial happened before encountering this problem.

Unfortunately I have not managed to make the Microsoft reply why I am not able to run the hotfix that is already designated to the system I own.

Any hints are very welcomed.

Thank you in advance.regards,

Tomek

Friday, September 14, 2018 10:03 AM

All replies

• "I have not managed to make the Microsoft reply why I am not able to run the hotfix that is already designated to the system"

That is an old hotfix - issued eight years ago.  Chances are very high that a patch was released since then for the issue addressed by the hotfix, so trying to apply the hotfix will not work because the patch process will not allow for an earlier version of a file to replace an newer version of a file.

You may need to open a support case with Microsoft.  At a minimum, you should look at the log files on the problematic server to see if any more information is being reported.

tim

Friday, September 14, 2018 12:59 PM
  • To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:  

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag: 

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Friday, September 14, 2018 1:09 PM
  • Hi Tomek.

The 0x0000003B (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) bug check indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    Upload the .DMP file created by Windows at the BSOD time to your OneDrive, make it publicly available and post the URL here, so we can analyze it and try to suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, September 14, 2018 2:43 PM
  • hi,
    can you try to install the hotfix in below website.you need to click "Hotfix Download Available " If the question still exist , can you upload the memory.dmp ?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2525246/0x0000003b-stop-error-when-you-remotely-control-a-remote-desktop-sessi
    Monday, September 17, 2018 11:06 AM
  • Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I went through the obtaining the hotfix process once again and I received the KB2525246 instead of the previous once KB2359223. I wonder If I chose a bad one at the first time or Microsoft sent me not the fix I requested for. However, now it's never mind.

I managed to install the KB2525246 and the remote control is greyed out, even though the configuration is enabled. I suppose the hotfix results in disabling the function but I am not sure. Do you have any information about this?

thank you in advance,

regards,

Tomek

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:08 PM
  • HI,
    you said "We currently are not able to use the remote control function that is essential for us"
    so can you the remote control function  now?

I suppose the hotfix results in disabling the function but I am not sure. Do you have any information about this?
    About this question can you give a screenshot to display your new question?

Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:05 AM