none
The item you selected is unavailable”. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list

General discussion

• Hello eveyone,

I heve searched online for hours & got nowhere with this. Basically the error below shows up ever 2-3 days:

The item you selected is unavailable”. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list

Basically every application like sever manager command prompt even & so many other just stop working. Sever eventually stops responding/freezes completely & has to get a hard reboot. After reboot everything is fine but I don't understand why this is happening! In the events around that time it happens I also get application errors that say this:

----------------------------------------------------

Faulting application WMSIP.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4741e979, faulting module KERNEL32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e037dd, exception code 0xe0434f4d, fault offset 0x0003fbae, process id 0x%9, application start time 0x%10.

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2011-06-22T16:21:45.000Z

EventRecordID 1206

Channel Application

Security
    ----------------------------------------------------

I think I get those errors cause the applications keep trying to start up but a lot of programs & services on the server just wont work. I have had these errors before & even did a  complete reinstall but they just come back.

I really hope someone can help..

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

which program do you start when this error occur, can you upload a screen shot to Windows Sky drive? skydrive.live.com

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Were you able to find the root cause of this? I saw the same happening on one of our servers and it went away in a couple hours.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:43 PM
  • Wow... I actually thought no one ever responded to me on these... Till now I have found no solution but I have a theory that the OS partition may just need to be bigger? When I had both servers setup I had the partitions limited to 20 GB so that they aren't effected by the data being uploaded for the website. But it is just simply a theory...

To answer your question Meinolf, I don't run any specific programs when these errors occur I just reboot. Then problem is gone, I just want to know why it happens in the first place I can't for the life of me figure out the cause. I just gave up and reboot the server every 2 days. But I would so love a solution to this...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:30 PM