none
Event ID: 474 Source: NTDS ISAM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i having a Win2K3 R2 Standard Server, this is my domain controller and also my exchange server, recently i have problem while login to server i can only see wall paper, no icon and task bar appear. I tried log into safe mode but also facing the same problem. I and my support team decide to reinstall the OS and after all seems working fine, we can see all icon and task bar. Tested all email also working fine. But after that i have users complain they not able to login to domain and also email. Check on the NT accout, member of tab i get error "The following active directory error occured: The directory service encountered an unknown failure. check directory service in event viewer and i saw event id: 474, 1084, 2108. All mentioned hardware problem, i've log case to hardware principle and found no hardware failure for this server. I tried to replicate from my secondary server but return error "The following error occured during the attempt to syncronize naming context....... while accesing the hard disk, a disk operation failed even after retries. The operation will not continue"

Is anyone know how to resolve this problem? Now i'm not able to proceed to check because stuck in hardware or AD database corrupted. Please help!
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:06 PM

Answers

• Kenny - can you describe your Active Directory environment? How many domains/domain controllers you have? How did you go about configuring the server in question to its original state?

Marcin
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:25 AM
  • Hello,

it sounds that you have complete reinstalled the domain from scratch or was it a try to repair? Please give some more detailed information how you did it. Also as Marcin said some more info about the complete network setup is helpful.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:09 PM

All replies

• Kenny - can you describe your Active Directory environment? How many domains/domain controllers you have? How did you go about configuring the server in question to its original state?

Marcin
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:25 AM
  • Hello,

it sounds that you have complete reinstalled the domain from scratch or was it a try to repair? Please give some more detailed information how you did it. Also as Marcin said some more info about the complete network setup is helpful.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:09 PM