none
Unable to establish a session with the password export server. Access is denied" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting the error "Unable to establish a session with passport export server. Access is denied" when trying to do an AD user account migration using ADMT V3.1.

Below is my setup details.

Source : Email.com, windows server 2003

Target : Exch10.com, windows server 2008

Trust : Two way

i have installed Password Export service in the source server and have also created a migration id with full rights on the resources of source server and domain admin rights in the target server.

Now when i try to migrate password it throws the error "Unable to establish a session with the password export server. Access is denied" .

Could someone please help me on this, i have already wasted a lot of time on this.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

This issue will occur if the account which we were using to migrate was not having the required permission on either of the domain.

Now please add the account to built-in administrator group of both domain and then check if the passwords migration can work.

Hope this helps.

Miles

• Proposed as answer by Meinolf Weber Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nandish N M Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:51 PM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:41 AM

All replies

• Did you configure encryption key for the target server?

Also, I hope ADMT is not running on a different computer than the computer that created the encryption key. 

Assuming you have admin privilege in both domains 

Please follow ADMT guide to re-configure these settings

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6D710919-1BA5-41CA-B2F3-C11BCB4857AF&displaylang=en

Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA, Network+ Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications.sivarajan.com/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post.

This issue will occur if the account which we were using to migrate was not having the required permission on either of the domain.

Now please add the account to built-in administrator group of both domain and then check if the passwords migration can work.

Hope this helps.

Miles

• Proposed as answer by Meinolf Weber Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nandish N M Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:51 PM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Hi Miles,

Thank you very much, it worked :)

Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Miles

Friday, April 9, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Hi Miles,

It's worked for me. Thank you!

Microsoft. Driving the future.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:44 PM