none
Microsoft products EOL extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Can you please advise us on the below question?

1. Will Microsoft support Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008 with a fee beyond its Extended support period? Below is the extended support timelines for windows and SQL.
      1. Extended support for Windows 2008 ends in January 2020
      2. Extended support for SQL Server 2008 R2 ends in July 2019
    Friday, September 14, 2018 1:12 PM

All replies

• Officially, no, but Microsoft may extend with a fee. 

You should talk with your mircrosoft reseller to ask him if it's possible and the price.

The only time I know Microsoft allowed that was for XP (for a fee around 120$/PC/Year), but I don't know for other products.

See the support livecycle FAQ there

After the Microsoft assisted and paid support offerings have ended, what are my options if I want to continue to receive support?

Microsoft encourages all customers to remain current to ensure that they stay supported and can take advantage of innovations found in the latest products. Staying current also minimizes security risks, compliance risks, and frequently lowers the total cost of ownership.

Once a product transitions out of support, no further support will be provided for the product. 

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, September 14, 2018 2:12 PM