none
All AD Accounts Locke Out RRS feed

• Question

• Salam,

Yesterday we faced a problem with AD where all accounts suddenly started locking out. I managed to unlock my account since I had server with AD tools installed on it and the lockout status hasn't replicated to it yet.

On the other hand I traced the failures to a laptop and all failing attempts were tried from it, once I shut-it-down the attempts stopped, my question is. If the Administrator account on the AD is locked out does all the other accounts get locked?

Also on my logging tool I had about 500 pages of log in failures on the Administrator account (which is renamed of course) and after those attempts it started attempts on the rest of the AD accounts.

We have a strong antivirus implemented and it always up to date.

Thank you in advance for answering my speculations,
    Kindest regards.

Abdullah^2
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:36 PM

Answers

• Make sure necessary security update & patches are allowed & you should have automatic scanning on as well as autoplay option disabled for cd-rom/usb/external media. Patches play vital role making system up to date along with providing extra layer of security,AV & time to time scan with network monitor is key to lead a good environment.

Awinish Vishwakarma | TA - DS/Exchange
    • Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:51 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 4:05 AM

All replies