none
Event Id 2019 - Server Slow,Unable to RDP,Stopped Shares

Question

• Dear All,

we have dell server 2950 which is connected with t dell MD3000 and MD 1000 and we configured it as Nas server today one of my user complained that he is unable to access share resources on nas server so i try to open its rdp but it was denied so i ping it was successful so when i login on nas server physically it takes more time than normal to when i open task manager it is not showing network devices menu and ram was 4 GB utilize out of 8 GB so i re-booted nas server,when i check its event so i found below lots of times

Event ID: 2019
    Source: Srv
    Type: Error
    Description:
    The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.

so after resarch if found and read below mention link which indicates that it happends due to multiple issues

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822219

but in my event viewer i also found and warning before srv which is as following

Event ID: 2013
    Source:
    Type: warning
    Description:
    The F: disk is at or near capacity.  You may need to delete some files.

so now i found my the main issue of my problem which is space but is this correct problem ?

need you valuable comments

Regards,

Osama

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Delete unwanted data from the disk and monitor for the above said events

Thank you, Shani

Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Are you running 2003 32bits OS? If yes, you may consider to upgrade it to 64bits, or upgrade it to Windows Server 2008 or later OS.

The SRV 2019 means that the kernel non-paged pool memory was not enough. In 32bit, non-paged pool memory cannot exceed 256 MB. For your reference,

http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/03/26/3211216.aspx

Moreover, you may also need to monitor your pool memory usage by using performance monitor tool, and find out which application/driver used most of the non-paged pool memory. Please refer to the article that the event log provided.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822219

Additionally, I do not think the disk warning 2013 is related to the file server cannot be accessed issue. If it is a disk capacity problem, we may still can access the server, and copy files out from the file server.

Thanks.

Tim Chen

God Bless!

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

<<<<<<<<Are you running 2003 32bits OS? If yes, you may consider to upgrade it to 64bits, or upgrade it to Windows Server 2008 or later OS. >>>>>>>

i already have server 2008R2 as OS.

<<<<Additionally, I do not think the disk warning 2013 is related to the file server cannot be accessed issue. If it is a disk capacity problem, we may still can access the server, and copy files out from the file server.>>>>>>>>>>

i am also agree and before posting i was also doubt full

as a solution some one suggests that change or update vendor driver bocoz it is kernel mode related error

hope that will works

<<<<<<<<Moreover, you may also need to monitor your pool memory usage by using performance monitor tool, and find out which application/driver used most of the non-paged pool memory. Please refer to the article that the event log provided. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i have also monitored non-pf and pf all are looking fine no heavy amount is being use.

Regards,

Osama Mansoor

Friday, August 24, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Hi Osama,

As you said, it is worth to have a try on updating drivers/firmware to see if issue could be resolved.

And you could also have a try on this article:

Server is unable to allocate memory from the system paged pool

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312362/en-us

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:09 PM