none
Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for local intranet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

Can you advise which policy will take effect if the setting configure below

User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View

Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for local intranet --> set as DISABLED

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View
    Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for local intranet --> set as ENABLED

is this conflict settings ? or the computer settings will take effect first ?

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

Based on my experience, if there are conflicts between computer and user settings ,the Computer configuration will override the User Configuration.

I also did a test in my lab: no parent-child relationship ,ou1(containing computers),ou2(containing users), users logon to the computers in ou1

In the gpresult of the user settings ,it would be enabled.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

Based on my experience, if there are conflicts between computer and user settings ,the Computer configuration will override the User Configuration.

I also did a test in my lab: no parent-child relationship ,ou1(containing computers),ou2(containing users), users logon to the computers in ou1

In the gpresult of the user settings ,it would be enabled.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Fan

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to share your current situation.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Fan

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:04 AM