none
Server 2016 - Server 2016 VPN using RRAS RRS feed

• Question

• I have 1 Server 2016 machine which is an RRAS & RDS server, it currently dials out to several of my sites using PPTP VPN's in order to connect to local printers. (Server1)

I need to add another RDS server (Server2) to load balance but im struggling with setting up the VPN between the two sites.

Both are hosted servers that are single NIC and publuic facing, there is no firewall (other than the built in windows firewall) but I just cant get Server1 to connect to Server2, I have opened TCP 1723 & GRE on Server2, and added some IP address's to the RRAS DHCP Scope, but when I try to connect I get the error 

"An error occured during connection of the interface. The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect tto the VPN server."

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>"An error occured during connection of the interface. The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect tto the VPN server."

Did you mean that you get the error 807? 

If yes, this error code means the network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity.

Please refer the steps in the following link, check if it helps:

Problems with VPN error code 807

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:09 AM