none
RDS 2012 R2 Temp Profiles RRS feed

• Question

• We implemented RDS 2012 R2 a while ago and everything has been working great.  We opened up a new site and created a new collection and are now plagued with the Temp profile issue that MS has been refusing to acknowledge and/or fix. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to alleviate this issue?  I saw that there is a hotfix for 2012 but not for R2.  Any help would be much appreciated
    Monday, March 30, 2015 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a workaround for temporary profile issue, we need to delete the registry key. 
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\ProfileList
    You can find the subkey with “ProfileImagepath”, once you find correct name match with username, delete it and perform re-login by user. Now user can have a login with normal profile. 

You can refer following article for information.
    Fix Temporary profile issue on 2012 RDS

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Thanks, but I already know this.  I have to do it everyday.  What I am asking is how to stop this from happening.  Some days We get 1 or two temp profiles.  Some days we get none.  Some days we get 20 to 30.  There is no pattern and the servers never get accidentally restarted during production.  Any other Ideas would be great besides delete the .bak entries in the registry.  Any ideas as to why this happens?

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

In addition you can check beneath article might helpful in your case.
    Temporary profile issue
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2007/03/27/temporary-profile-issue.aspx

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Thanks, but I already know this.  I have to do it everyday.  What I am asking is how to stop this from happening.  Some days We get 1 or two temp profiles.  Some days we get none.  Some days we get 20 to 30.  There is no pattern and the servers never get accidentally restarted during production.  Any other Ideas would be great besides delete the .bak entries in the registry.  Any ideas as to why this happens?

Are you using thin or thick clients? Tell us a little more about your existing setup.

If you login to the problematic session host as the local admin, do you get a temp profile? Or are you getting temp profiles on more than 1 session host?

This depends on your setup but if you have 2 or more session hosts you could remove the problematic session host from the collection and see if you still get temp profiles. On the session host(s), you should set the GPO policy to log off disconnected sessions immediately to lessen the temp profile issue.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:18 PM
  • We are using thin clients and it is only happening to 4 of our session hosts which are VM's.  Some days we are good and have no issues other days are awful and get 20 30 temp profiles.  It happens on all four of them
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:49 PM
  • this article is from 2007 and it is about Vista.  We are running server 2012 R2 which is a tiny bit different.
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:51 PM