none
Delete all drivers WDS

Question

• How do I delete all drivers in my Windows Deployment Services storage without uninstalling and reinstalling the WDS role? I have a few hundred driver packages and I want to rebuild it fresh with the latest drivers for everything.

Thanks!

My idea of a party is a virtualization server and a room of TechNet DVDs
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Delete all drivers from Driver\All Packages in the WDS console.

Tim Quan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  

• Marked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Delete all drivers from Driver\All Packages in the WDS console.

Tim Quan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  

• Marked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Wolf Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Hi Tim,

I have 283 packages and was hoping there was a one-shot solution to clear out all the drivers. It does not let me select more than one driver at a time. I've already started with deleting them, though.

Thanks Tim,

Daniel Wolf

My idea of a party is a virtualization server and a room of TechNet DVDs
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:32 PM
  • There has to be some way to do this?!?!  I have the same issue.  I have 1705 packages and need to update drivers.  When I add a new driver the old one is still there, so things are starting to get out of hand.  Deleting them one at a time is not realistic!

Ryan

Ryan
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:58 PM
  • In the MMC, right click on the top level "Drivers" node and select "Delete Driver packages". This will launch the package search dialog box. Hit the "Search for Packages" button (without entering any search criteria.) This will list all drives on the server, and select all drivers by default. Then hit the "Delete" button. This will remove all drivers from the server.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:43 PM
  • In the MMC, right click on the top level "Drivers" node and select "Delete Driver packages". This will launch the package search dialog box. Hit the "Search for Packages" button (without entering any search criteria.) This will list all drives on the server, and select all drivers by default. Then hit the "Delete" button. This will remove all drivers from the server.

Thank you very much, that is what I was looking for!  You can also enable/disable in the same place which is also very helpfull.

Ryan

Ryan
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:25 PM
  • i love how the question is how do i delete all the drivers from wds? and the top reply answer is to delete all the drivers from wds.... this made me lol, how do i open a door? answer open the door
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:53 PM
  • Late answer but...

You can use WDSUTIL form command line:

wdsutil /Remove-DriverPackages /server:MyServer /FilterType:PackageArchitecture /Operator:equal /value:ia64

You can change the "/Value" of "/FilterType". In that case you can use 3 values: ia64, x86, x64; this deletes all drivers along the three architectures. You can use also "/FilterType:PackageEnabled /Operator:equal /value:Yes"

Here is the command documentation: http://technet.microsoft.com/it-it/library/ee844166(v=ws.10).aspx

Lorenz

• Edited by Lorenz1974 Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:19 AM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:14 AM