none
How to configure RDS, when RD Session Host servers are in a workgroup and the RD Licensing server in an Active Directory Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I get a link or steps on how to configure RDS in the below scenario? 

RD Session Host servers are in a workgroup and the RD Licensing server in an Active Directory Domain

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to below KB, you request can't be achieved since for both Per Device and Per User CALs issuance to work, the RD Session Host and RD Licensing server in any one of the following three configurations:

• Both in the same workgroup
    • Both in the same domain
    • Both in the trusted (Two-way trust) Active Directory Domains or Forest

Reference link:

Best practices for setting up Remote Desktop Licensing (Terminal Server Licensing) across Active Directory Domains/Forests or Workgroup

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2473823/best-practices-for-setting-up-remote-desktop-licensing-terminal-server

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

PleaseMark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? 

Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Thanks,

Jenny

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi Jenny,

I had read this article but wanted know if there is any possibility in achieving this. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:29 AM