none
How do I disable ALL repeat **ALL*** passwords on my laptop. RRS feed

• Question

• This is MY computer and I would like to be able to control what it does!  It seems as though Microsoft controls me. 

How do I disable my log-in screen password? 

How do I disable my screen-lock password? 

How do I disable the screen lock?  If I leave my computer on for 3 years straight, I expect to see the same desktop when I return, no change!

In other words, how do I get my computer to boot straight to the desktop?  Nothing fancy.  I am a fan of KISS.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

• Edited by ksgates99 Sunday, July 7, 2019 7:33 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 7:30 PM

All replies

• It’s quite simple to bypass entering a login password. Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type netplwiz and press Enter. Remove the tick from “Users must enter a user name and password” > OK. You may have to type the user account name/password just the once to complete the process.

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

To disable login screen password, please just uncheck Users must enter a user name and a password to use this computer as BurrWalnut said. Then you will find that you will be able to log on automatically to your Windows computer, without seeing the login screen and having to enter your password or credentials.

Also, you could refer to the link below to disable auto lock screen:

How to Disable Auto Lock Screen Feature in Windows 8

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-8/how-to-disable-auto-lock-screen-feature-in-windows-8.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 6:40 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved? If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:27 PM