none
Advanced Features in Active Directory

Question

• Hello

Can anyone confirm whether the 'Advanced Features' option in Active Directory on Server 2008 can be set to be enabled by default???

What I find frustrating is if I haven't chosen it while working on something within my AD structure, it resets my view back to the top level folders I started at so I have to go searching for them again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:56 PM

Answers

• Yes!

You can create a custom msc that includes Active Directory Users and Computers with Advanced Features turned on. To do this

1. Click Start
    2. Run
    3. Type "mmc"
    4. Click File
    5. Click Add Remove Snappin
    6. Find "Active Directory Users and Computers" from the list of available snappins and click add
    7. Press OK
    8. Expand Active Directory Users and Computers in the left hand menu
    9. Click View -> Advanced Features
    10. Click File
    11. Click Save as
    12. Save the custom msc to a place where you can access it, for instance, the desktop, give it an appropriate name.
    Now when you load the msc, your view changes can be saved. (it's saved to the particular msc. so you need to load the msc to view)

Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:33 PM

All replies

• Yes!

You can create a custom msc that includes Active Directory Users and Computers with Advanced Features turned on. To do this

1. Click Start
    2. Run
    3. Type "mmc"
    4. Click File
    5. Click Add Remove Snappin
    6. Find "Active Directory Users and Computers" from the list of available snappins and click add
    7. Press OK
    8. Expand Active Directory Users and Computers in the left hand menu
    9. Click View -> Advanced Features
    10. Click File
    11. Click Save as
    12. Save the custom msc to a place where you can access it, for instance, the desktop, give it an appropriate name.
    Now when you load the msc, your view changes can be saved. (it's saved to the particular msc. so you need to load the msc to view)

Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:33 PM
  • Thank you Cameron, a little late in responding I know but I'm grateful for the feedback.

I never received notification of this response hence the delay!

Best Wishes, Mark

Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Way to go!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:19 PM