none
Automate modifying Launch and Activation Permissions in Component Services RRS feed

• Question

• I need to automate the following process in C# (or some programming language) and the C# forum suggested I try using scripting (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharplanguage/thread/54196c55-2608-4266-a016-0155f75b4391/):

1. In the Administrative Tool - Component Services
    2. I manually:
    3. Open Component Services tree to Computers
    4. Open Computers tree to My Computer
    5. Right click on My Computer and select properties
    6. Select COM Security tab in My Computer Properties tab dialog
    7. Select Edit Limits button under Launch and Activation Permissions (not Access Permissions)
    8. Under the Lauch and Activation Permission dialog select the Add button
    9. Enter "admin" (this is a valid account) in the edit filed labeled: Enter the object names to select
    10. Select the OK button
    11. Select "admin" in the Group or user names list
    12. And check Allow for all Permissions to admin (Local Launch, Remote Launch, Local Actication, Remote Activation)

Does anyone know how to do this process with scripting?  

C# forum suggests: "you could perhaps find more easily someone that used those classes in an admin scripting group "

This is a long complicated process that I need to automate in C# and I cannot find how to even start.   Do you have any insights?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There is a dedicated Scripting Forum. I suggest you create a new thread in that forum. The community members and support professionals there are more familiar with scripting and can help you in a more efficient way.

Scripting

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/scripting

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Bruce

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Monday, November 28, 2011 7:58 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:15 PM
  • The scripting forum has no answers.     Would using DComPerm.exe be a solution?  If I can issue a command line with arguments to change an arbitrary administrator account permission, then I could shell the process from within a program.

If I create an arbirtary user account, it will have only Launch Local allowed.   Remote Launch, Local Activation, Remote Activation will be neither allowed or denied (see inserted graphic).   I want to set all four permissions to allow.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:54 PM