Dashboard shows computer online, computer is actually disconnected. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have three computers that are remote, outside of the office.  Three show connected in the dashboard, yet their VPN connections are off.  Two are located in completely different state from the other one, so I don't think it is a network issue, and the Resource monitor doesn't show them connected or online, only the dashboard. I restarted the Client Management service, no joy. 

What could be causing this?  originally it would only show a computer connected if they used VPN into the server. 

Thanks!

Michael

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:02 PM

All replies

• Hi, same for me. I had a client computer died last week and after rebooting the server many times, it still show online today. I guess there are ghosts in the server or the client is still alive in a parallel world... But more seriously if you have a solution, I might just go with it and bring the server back to reality! I have Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials with all updates installed. Thanks, Claude
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:02 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you try to fully patch the server to see whether the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:45 PM