none
Bitrate limitations for Media Streaming in Windows Server 2012 Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• What are the file size/resolution limitations of the Media Streaming in Server 2012 Essentials. XBox 360 posts a chart on media types/bitrate limitations, is there such a thing for Essentials. I have media files that aren't showing up in the list for streaming.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 2:15 PM

All replies

• What are the file size/resolution limitations of the Media Streaming in Server 2012 Essentials. XBox 360 posts a chart on media types/bitrate limitations, is there such a thing for Essentials. I have media files that aren't showing up in the list for streaming.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I think you need to make media available for sharing using standard DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technologies. You will find thses DLNA-compatible media servers in Network Explorer under the Media Device group. The Essentials 2012 media sharing feature will work with any DLNA-compatible device, not just Microsoft clients.

You could use XBox 360 Guide or controller to play the content in Media sharing folder with Music player or video player. Towards the limitations, I'm not sure. Did you meet the "Glass Ceiling" between XBox 360 and Windows Server 2012 Essentials?

Any feedback you could submit via Connect Site below:

Connect Feedback site is Open Now!

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:12 AM