none
Attempting to manually install client on Windows 8.1 device RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to manually install client on Windows 8.1 device. This is a domain joined device that has the correct security permissions for the domain to communicate with the device. The issue that I am having is when I deploy the client from SCCM or even when I attempt to install it manually I get nothing but errors. I know that the client install works for Win7 and Win10 in our environment. When I attempt to manually install the client I start with the prereqs and get a similar outcome according to the logs. The following are the errors that I see when I look at the logs in order. I can include more if needed.

Failed to persist AAD on-boarding info. Error 0x87d00227

Failed to read assigned site code from registry. Error code = 0x80070002

Failed to persist AAD on-boarding info. Error 0x87d00227

Failed to get client version for sending state messages. Error 0x8004100e

File 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\WindowsFirewallConfigurationProvider.msi' does not exist. Discovery failed.

MSI: Action 11:53:03: SmsGenerateFailureMIF.

MSI: Action 11:53:07: CcmRegisterEndpointRollback. In the event of a failed installation, this action rolls back the changes from CcmRegisterEndpoint.

MSI: Action 11:53:13: SmsGenerateFailureMIF.

MSI: Warning 25702. Failed to uninstall PrepDrvr.Sys for Software Metering Agent.

MSI: Action 11:53:37: CcmRegisterEndpointRollback. In the event of a failed installation, this action rolls back the changes from CcmRegisterEndpoint.

MSI: Action 11:53:45: CcmRegisterComponentsRollback. In the event of a failed installation, this action rolls back the changes from CcmRegisterComponents.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the log, the client agent was installed successfully.

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sam Theisen Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:08 AM

All replies

• All of the messages that you've copied above are meaningless. When troubleshooting, you need to read the logs, not just focus on red lines in CMTrace. Those indicate the beginning of the troubleshooting but not all lines highlighted in red are even errors and some errors aren't fatal so you need to read the lines in context meaning that a single line by itself is also more or meaningless.

The only line above that *may* indicate a fatal error is "File 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\WindowsFirewallConfigurationProvider.msi' does not exist. Discovery failed.". As noted, without seeing the entire log, that's just a guess.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Sorry, not following. What does "from CMTrace" mean? The ccmsetup.log is just a text file in %windir%\ccmsetup\logs. CMTrace is a viewer for logs.

The above is not the complete log file and also shows a client auto-upgrade and not a new install.

When posting logs, you should upload them to a file sharing service and link to them here as reading them here is difficult at best.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Okay that makes sense. Here is a link to the actual .log file

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:36 PM
  • Hi,

According to the log, the client agent was installed successfully.

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sam Theisen Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Sorry to waste your guy's time. The install must have just went through when I grabbed the log. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:53 PM