none
Time zone not recognized on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• OS: Windows 2008 R2 (Ent.) terminal server (All the latest patches and updates are installed)

Problem:
    Time zone keeps changing after installing (in our case) the Dutch language pack. The time zone switches to "(UTC -12:00) Dateline Standard Time" and an error "Your current time zone is not recognized. Please select a valid time zone...."

Changing the time zone under an administrator account doesn't work (as suggested in link). Tried both manually and with the tzutil -command. It works for a while, but after a few minutes it changes back.

When I change the language back to default (English). The problem does not excist.

Can someone please help us...

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Is the server upgrade from earlier version? If so, you may check the following article.

Incorrect time displayed on 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 after in-place upgrade

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001086

In addition, it appears the issue is not related to Terminal Services. I’d like to recommend that you repost at Windows Server General Forum. Your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Is the server upgrade from earlier version? If so, you may check the following article.

Incorrect time displayed on 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 after in-place upgrade

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001086

In addition, it appears the issue is not related to Terminal Services. I’d like to recommend that you repost at Windows Server General Forum. Your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Hi Aiden,

Thanks for your respons.
    In this case it's a freshly installed server. I wil post this tread in the Windows General Forum.

Best regard,

Pascal Haffie 

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:50 AM
  • Hi Pascal

Did you ever get this solved and if yes, what was the solution, as i have the same issue?

Kind Regards
    Hedegaard

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:21 PM