none
WHS 2011 Freezing after windows loading screen RRS feed

• Question

• When booting my WHS 2011 rig, it freezes, just after the loading windows at just a black screen, pressing F8 and selecting safe mode with networking it runs thru the screen on loading the files for safe mode and freezes on a file called like classpnp.dll. I created a iso of my WHS 2011 cd. So that i could run system repair from the install disk(usb) it froze once it loaded the loaded the enviroment. Any suggestions for me to get this problem solved , are greatly appreciated. If i have to replace the os drive will a fresh install pick up all the files stored on the other drives. Its a 14TB system with about 10TB used. losing everything would be devastating. please help! 
    Monday, October 6, 2014 10:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• They'll help you over here.

Windows Home Server 2011 forum on TechNet

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Hi Ne0SiS,

I noticed that you had referred to Dave’s suggestion and created a new thread in the Windows Home Server 2011 forum. So, I will mark Dave’s reply as answer to close this thread. If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:07 AM