none
Problem Showing DirectAccess Management

Question

• Hello,

I have a critical problem on my Windows Server 2012 RC.

I can't open anymore the configuration window of DirectAccess and neither can I remove the role, so I can reinstall it.
    This is the error that I get when I try to Remove DirectAccess:

"Remove the parameters of the configuration of DirectAccess before removing the role"

Has anybody met this problem?

Which parameters are concerned?

Please share your informations.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

• You cannot remove the Remote Access role before you unconfigure Remote Access.

What's the error you see when you open the management console?

You can unconfigure Remote Access even without opening the console by using the PowerShell cmdlet "Uninstall-RemoteAccess"

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

I haven't found the right way to do it, everything concerning DA was freezed, I couldn't even use PowerShell commands to fix the bug.
    So I have resinstalled the entire Operating System.
    Thank you for your help.

Monday, July 9, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi Matheeshan,

Thanks for update and sorry to hear that

May I know what was the error message we got when attempted to remove that by using Powershell command ? maybe “uninstall-windowsfeature remoteaccess” ?

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Hi Tiger Li,

The same error as we use the interface "Remove the parameters of the configuration of DirectAccess before removing the role".

Thanks for your help.

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Have you tried using Uninstall-RemoteAccess command? What was the error you saw?
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:45 AM
  • The same error as we use the interface "Remove the parameters of the configuration of DirectAccess before removing the role".
    What I'm trying to say, is that the problem cound't be resolved through command lines neither.
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:47 AM
  • Are you sure you used the "Uninstall-RemoteAccess" cmdlet and not "uninstall-windowsfeature remoteaccess"?

The "Uninstall-RemoteAccess" command is removing the parameters of the configuration, and not the role itself like "uninstall-windowsfeature remoteaccess".

Also, the Uninstall-RemoteAccess command should never display the message "Remove the parameters of the configuration of DirectAccess before removing the role".

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Yep, have used both.
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Running this in powershell will compleately remove direct access.

DISM /Online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:RemoteAccess /Remove

• Proposed as answer by donniesd Friday, November 9, 2012 5:13 PM
    Friday, November 9, 2012 5:13 PM
  • i have the same on my environment

donniesd powershell dit the trick

dick

Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:14 AM