none
Disable Snapshots feature

Question

• Hello!

I have Windows Sever 2008R2 Enterprise with Hyper-V role , and one more server with VMM 2008R2 SP1.

For some reasons, I need to disable Snapshots feature, is it posible?

Thank's!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is not possible to disable this feature in Hyper-V but with VMM you can to that if users have access to Self-Service Portal not to VMM console.

I hope this answer will help.

Romeo Mlinar
    MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP
    Blog: Admin troubles
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Vincent HuModerator Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by iNikolay Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Why do you want to disable the snapshot feature? To prevent the mis-operation?

By the way, in Hyper-V, it’s snapshot. In SCVMM, it called checkpoint.

Vincent Hu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

It is not possible to disable this feature in Hyper-V but with VMM you can to that if users have access to Self-Service Portal not to VMM console.

I hope this answer will help.

Romeo Mlinar
    MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP
    Blog: Admin troubles
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Vincent HuModerator Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by iNikolay Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi!

By using only pass-through disks, snapshots will be unavailable for everyone.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Vincent Hu I need to disable snapshots, because Self-Service portal users creating a lot of Checkpoints and fill HDD space .

Romeo Mlinar   It's perfect, great thank's!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:43 AM