none
Windows server 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows Server 2012 R2.  I would like to completely reinstall the OS.  I have tried to install with  the DVD on reboot.  It ask for the product key, when I enter the product key it says it is not the correct key.  I know the product key is correct.

Please help!

Monday, March 12, 2018 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Genewill03

Try a 'generic' volume license key to install. aka GVLK

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx

Then activate with slmgr with your regular key.

slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 12, 2018 10:01 PM

• Hi,

Just check the situation about your issue.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Frank

Friday, March 23, 2018 7:19 AM