Right Mouse click does not work anymore RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using RD Client for Android on ASUS TF300 with keyboard. I can't remember exact version, starting from which right mouse click stopped working if made from asus keyboard touchpad. It used to work before however.

Right mouse click does work if made with tablet's sensor screen, but does not appear to work if made by using hard-button on keyboard's touchpad. From my observations it looks like they have different behaviour. To be more specific, while pressing hard-button, for some reason RD Client moves mouse to the center of the remote screen, no matter where it was at the time of click, and makes right mouse click, which is not what expected to happen. I've tried to press right hard-button, while holding the left one and it worked better: right mouse click was made from that point rather then screen center, but thats not that handy as making simple click on right hard-button, as it was before. 

Please, fix this. Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 11, 2016 1:50 AM

Answers

• We discovered the issue that caused this and fixed it. The fix will be available in our next update. Thanks for the feedback and please let us know if this addresses it on your device..
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, February 22, 2016 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:44 AM
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please tell us the version of RDC for Android which is used at the moment?

Does this issue occur when remotely connect to different Windows systems?

Please always install the latest RDC for Android.

If you have other Android tablet available, please test whether this issue would occur on other device.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:40 AM
  • Hello Amy,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my late reply.

Before posting I've updated RDC client to the latest version available, which is still 8.1.27, but the problem mentioned still persist in that version as well as it was in previous version.

Sadly I don't have any other Android tablet with hardware keyboard to test.

I've just made a connection to windows xp and windows 7, but both suffer from this problem regardless of host operating system.

Nonetheless it seems to me that when using hardware buttons, RDC for android does not move mouse accordingly before sending Right Mouse Click event. On the contrary if I hold my finger at some place on tablet's screen it does work as expected, i.e. Right Mouse Click performed at that specific location.

But as I mentioned earlier, several versions back everything worked great even with hardware buttons on tablet's dock.

Best regards

• Edited by PF4Public Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:27 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:22 PM

• I've updated RDC client for Android to version 8.1.28, but nothing changed.
    • Edited by PF4Public Monday, February 1, 2016 11:32 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:34 AM
  • We discovered the issue that caused this and fixed it. The fix will be available in our next update. Thanks for the feedback and please let us know if this addresses it on your device..
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, February 22, 2016 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:44 AM
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:38 PM
  • I can confirm that the issue is fixed in version 8.1.30.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:03 PM