PowerShell Cmdlet to rename a RDS Collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am interacting with RDS Connection Broker via PowerShell Cmdlets. I want to rename a Collection using PowerShell Cmdlets. I have tried several Cmdlets specifically Set-RDVirtualDesktopCollectionConfiguration but it doesn't allow to change the name of the collection. I know it is possible to rename using the RDS CB user interface but the requirements are to use only Power Shell cmdlets. Is it possible using cmdlets? or is there some other way to rename the collection without using RDS Connection Broker user interface?

Thanks

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Sorry for delayed response.

You can use “Update-RDVirtualDesktopCollection” for your case, where you can update the name of collection by providing the new name.

Please check this article.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Windows Server Forum.

Do you have virtual collection or session collection environment?
    If it’s session collection then you can try to use “Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration” which specifies option for existing session collection.

In addition, also check below article for information.
    Using PowerShell to control RDS in Windows Server 2012 (Part 1)
    http://www.virtualizationadmin.com/articles-tutorials/vdi-articles/general/using-powershell-control-rds-windows-server-2012.html

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Monday, September 8, 2014 12:58 AM
  • Thanks Dharmesh.

It is a Virtual Desktop Collection. Just to clarify, I create a collection using New-RDVirtualDesktopCollection with name CollectionA. And now I am trying to rename the collection to CollectionB. I thought I could do this with Set-RDVirtualDesktopCollectionConfiguration but couldn't find a way to specify new collection name.

Hope this clarifies my situation. I read through the article that you sent, but couldn't find anything that relates to re-naming a collection.

Any thoughts/inputs?

Monday, September 8, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Sorry for delayed response.

You can use “Update-RDVirtualDesktopCollection” for your case, where you can update the name of collection by providing the new name.

Please check this article.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

As this case has been quiet for a while.I need to close the case and will mark it as Answer. If this case is still unresolved,I suggest you ask in a new thread. 

Thanks for your Support & understanding!

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Do you mind sharing the exact command you use to address this issue? How to specify both the old and the new collection names in the same comlet?
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:00 AM