Managing Client Updates using WSUS in SCCM Environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi forum members,

Hope you are doing well. We have a WSUS 3.0 to managing updates for our domain clients and servers. We configured GPO for WSUS and all the things are worked fine. Recently we installed SCCM 2007 with SP1 for software distribution, software metering and Asset Intelligence. We didn't configure software updates in SCCM. Now some of my domain clients are not detecting in WSUS Console (out of 600 only 425 are shown in wsus console) and When i approve the updates for detected clients it won't install all the updates. I want to confirm whether this issue is due to SCCM introduction or because of any other problem in WSUS server.....
    Saravanan
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 10:00 AM

Answers

• The ConfigMgr client will set a local GPO on systems to point the WUA to the SUP. A domain based group policy will override this local GPO. That's why you have such problem.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When using SCCM (SUP) to update clients you don't need to configure WSUS (just install it) and you must disabled the GPO for the WSUS if still exist  because the ConfigMgr client applies a local GPO that can be create a conflict with GPO of WSUS ...

For more information : http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/forum/66-software-update-point/

Thank's
    Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS ConfigMgr
    • Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Monday, February 8, 2010 10:10 AM
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 11:19 AM
  • The ConfigMgr client will set a local GPO on systems to point the WUA to the SUP. A domain based group policy will override this local GPO. That's why you have such problem.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:00 AM