Exchange 2010 receiving NDR from mailbox which has been disconnected and alias added to existing user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently added the alias of a disconnected mailbox to the mailbox of an existing user, they can receive emails from external sources but anything sent to the email address internally will result in an NDR. I have tried clearing down internal users address auto-complete and their offline address book is up-to-date. Please see below NDR contents:

Generating server: local.com

IMCEAEX_O=local_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Joe+20Blogs594@localhost 
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Their AD account still exists but has been disabled and their mailbox has been disconnected. Could this be happening because their AD account still exists?

Regards,
    Ross

• Edited by rdovey1981 Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We have recently added the alias of a disconnected mailbox to the mailbox of an existing user, they can receive emails from external sources but anything sent to the email address internally will result in an NDR. I have tried clearing down internal users address auto-complete and their offline address book is up-to-date. Please see below NDR contents:

Generating server: local.com

IMCEAEX_O=local_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Joe+20Blogs594@localhost 
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Their AD account still exists but has been disabled and their mailbox has been disconnected. Could this be happening because their AD account still exists?

Regards,
    Ross

that's the cached legacyExchangeDN of the old mailbox. Add that as a x500 address to the mailbox of that existing user so it gets these messages as well

Add in the form as illustrated here:http://blog.westurn.net/2013/04/convert-ndr-to-legacyexchangedn-x500.html

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, March 17, 2014 2:16 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:02 AM

All replies